Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Lessons in Responsibility for a grown-up kid

I am poor at managing.

I do it- at least, I try- but I'm not very good at it.

And I'm still learning to enjoy things that I'm not good at doing.

Which means I strongly dislike Managing.

The Things To Manage that I hold in my hand feel immense.

Whether God-ordained or self-inflicted,

Through choice or through circumstance,

Everywhere I turn, I face Things To Manage-

    Time to manage

    People to manage

    Money to manage

    And Things.  So Many Things.

Whether I chose to willingly reach for and grasp these Things to Manage

    or they were tossed into my lap,

Here they are.

All. These. Things. To. Manage.

I am but a child.

A forty-one year old child,

    still trying to find my keys.

Somehow, I went from being The Youngest in my family

    to being The Oldest in my family- 

    it's not half as special a spot as my sister asserted it to be. ðŸ˜œ

I don't want to spend my life 

    Managing Things

    Managing Time

    Managing People

    Managing Money

I just want to live

    and let others do the managing

    (of everything except me, of course).

Maybe someday, I'll manage to become a Better Manager.

In the meantime, may God help me become a Better Me.


All the things I try to teach my children about executive functioning,

    are things I need to work on, in me.

Also, of moderate significance, the font of choice for this post is "Shadows Into Light 2"

    

No comments:

Post a Comment